Monday, July 14, 2008

The Beach Romp: Latest

A cynic? Me?

A friend alerted me to a letter which our tabloid rag 7Days proudly states is an 'exclusive'. It's from the infamous Vince, one half of the drunken-sex-on-the-beach-assaulting-police-officer story.

Written by his solicitor?

Only a cynic would suggest such a thing!

Dear Dubai,

At the outset I wish to unreservedly apologise to the Dubai Police and to the people of Dubai for the offence and inconvenience I have caused by my thoughtless actions of last week, which I deeply regret. I have been humbled and humiliated by the experience of the past week and I am truly sorry for my irresponsible behaviour. I have been accused of engaging in indecent relations in a public place which I deny, although I readily admit that my conduct and behaviour on the evening in question was inappropriate and beyond the bounds of acceptability in the United Arab Emirate of Dubai. Having drunk more than I should during the course of the day, a friendly encounter with a female acquaintance became overly affectionate at a time and place when we both should have known better. I am deeply ashamed of my actions and of the offence and trouble these have caused. My conduct was totally out of character for me. I am a hard-working British citizen and committed father to my seven year old son. I would never wish to do anything to bring disrespect to either me, my family or nationality, nor would I ever wish to offend those around me. Since being in Dubai I have been welcomed and treated with great warmth and hospitality by the people of Dubai; I have sadly betrayed that generosity shown to me, but I sincerely hope that this statement will show my honest and abject remorse and genuine contrition regarding my conduct. My apology to the people of Dubai is both profound and solemn.

Vince Acors



The exclusive is here.

8 comments:

Em said...

that reeks of PR.

Anonymous said...

I apologise for what I did, even though I didn't do what they say I did, but I was on the drink all day and got over-affectionate but not indecent so please forgive me, I am a good family-man type person.... an absolute masterpiece of an apology!!

moryarti said...

Agree with Mars :)

Seabee said...

Yes Dave, a classic I thought.

I particularly liked the phrase: a friendly encounter with a female acquaintance became overly affectionate

That should go down alongside other classics like 'wardrobe malfunction'.

On the point I made in my original posting, he's as guilty as the others with the reference to Dubai: beyond the bounds of acceptability in the United Arab Emirate of Dubai.

It's almost as though Dubai is to blame for being so conservative.

Vince, (or the solicitor author)it's beyond the bounds of acceptability anywhere in the world.

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to wonder what happened to "Vince the Prince", or whatever nickname he goes for.

I fail to see the apology. I think he felt sorry that he got caught. My favorite part has to be: I would never wish to do anything to bring disrespect to either me, my family or nationality, nor would I ever wish to offend those around me. Yeah, except what I did that day.

Anonymous said...

Absolute crap, the fact he brings his 7 year old son into it is sickening.Keep your pants on have some dignity (which has gone now).Loose women ey always a good move.

Anonymous said...

I find it really annoying that he is using his son as a scape goat, he is not a fantastic loving father and devoted as he likes to make out far from it.His son does not look up to him as a role modal and never will. So just punish them both and get there faces out of he papers it's boring and no one really cares.

Anonymous said...

I fail to see what is so sickening.
All around the word criminals and terrorists explain to journalists that they could not have done what they did because they have
a/ family
b/ they are good fathers/mothers
c/ they are loving husbands/wives
d/ they have children - boys or girls
e/ they love their children
f/ they are good neighbours/employers/employees
g/ they usually say hello to their neighbours
and so on and so forth.
If I got sick every time a law - breaker mention such things I would be sick all the time. ;-)