Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The service misnomer.

A few days ago I ended a post about customer service in Dubai with:

"We pay the money, the company decides whether to give us anything in return, what it is, when they'll give it to us and what condition it's in."

On that subject I thought it was worth highlighting a couple of comments proving the point left on my last post...

i*maginate said...
Strange you mention Etisalat coz Du connection showed the same message but I notice only for about 30 mins between 1am and 2am, maybe on and off at various times throughout the w-e. Called DU guy and he guessed my query before I completed it (implying loads of complaints) and said 'upgrading server' so I said did you give notice of this? He said no... I said how long...he said "don't know"....


Susan said...
We've been having problems with a Duh connection every afternoon for the past couple of months. It's almost impossible to get online at all after 2pm! Duh engineers say its because too many people are trying to access.That's why in our house its called the "Internot"


See, we pay for service that the company simply doesn't provide. In explanation, apology or compensation for not providing what we've paid them for...nothing.

No comments: