Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Great moments in court

The defence offered in so many court cases here keeps me amused for hours. I note some of them on 'Life in Dubai' because it's a glimpse of the ultra-modern city people outside are not aware of.

Only last week we had the gentleman who refused to pay for three nights in a hotel because he saw prophets and angels who told him that he only stayed one night.

And who can forget the case of the bulletproof sheep?

Now we have another.

A man was charged with cross-dressing in public - at Mall of the Emirates no less, which is about as public as you can get.

Dubai's Finest, working undercover, said his outfit was glittering like a woman's clothes, and he wore a bra, mascara, women's perfume and a wig.

The defendant didn't deny the charge but...

I'm not guilty... I was cross-dressed because I was training to perform a woman's role in Indian cinema.

You might wonder, as I did, why he was parading around Dubai's busiest shopping mall.

I didn't intend to go to the mall but I went there because I received an urgent phone call.

Urgent? I'd say it must have been.



Gulf News has it here.

7 comments:

hut said...

Lol - If his role really was to be a woman in an Indian movie he should have been rehearsing by hopping up and down on a Swiss meadow in a skimpy Saree and rhythmically swaying his hair in the wind whilst singing inane lyrics in a high pitched voice...

Em said...

lol - agree with nick. but i'm assuming he might have been playing a eunuch.

but its sad that men can't wear make up or women's perfume anymore....

Dave said...

Would love to see a picture of the accused....

Anonymous said...

Hilarious....

Anonymous said...

Even I would love to see the pic of that guy....

WebJunky said...

lol - you missed the part where she runs and is being chased by a man in an open green garden. they find a tree and play hide and seek

Jman said...

god you guys are having all the fun in the UAE!!!! :)

http://jjutol.blogspot.com/