Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible...

We're flying back to Dubai tomorrow, arriving on Friday morning at some unearthly early hour as all flights into Dubai seem to do.

We're on a non-stop Emirates A380, nearly fifteen hours.

It takes an hour longer going back to Dubai, obviously because to get from down here in Australia to the Northern Hemisphere it's uphill all the way.

I'm not sure how long after I get back it'll be before I get 'Life in Dubai' back to a normal posting schedule.

It's not just the fifteen hour flight, you have to add to that the time it takes to get to-from airports, to check in hours before the flight then sit around the terminal, then wait at the baggage carousel...it'll add up to nearly 24 hours in all.

Then there's a seven hour time difference that throws the body clock into total confusion.

I'm thinking I'll be unjetlagged and untravel-tired around March some time.

As you know, I like to include photos in my posts where I can, but after a couple of weeks here when I was able to post a few photos my little digital camera decided to throw a tantrum. When I tried to fix it it got really annoyed shut down all together.

I have to take it back to the dealer in Dubai to get it repaired and I'm not holding my breath for that to happen in a hurry. Being photoless will affect the postings schedule too I'm sure.

Still, I'll try to get back into the routine as soon as I can.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Consider an iPhone 4 (has great camera) and install Wordpress app on it.

nzm said...

I feel for you. We did the A380 trip, but we had an extra 6 hours on it from New Zealand (taking in time at the airports), then 3 hours at DXB, 7 hours to Frankfurt, 2 hours at the airport, then another 2 hours to Barcelona and an hour on the train to get home. About 36 all together!

If you need some advice on a new camera, if it comes to that, please don't hesitate to ping me.

Unknown said...

A warm welcome back! Photos or no photos, I do look forward to your fresh posts every other day once again. Digital cameras are fairly cheap nowadays, it might be worthwhile simply getting another one. Or, for the blog purposes, a camera phone would do just as well.
Add to the set of woes on arrival: untangling oneself and one's cramped muscles from the fixed seating position after spending a horrific 15hr cooped up in cattle class. EK's seat pitch has got to be amongst the worst, don't know about their latest aircraft though.
Once again, a warm welcome back, and best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous 2011.

Seabee said...

Thanks all. I'm shutting the computer down now in Oz...see you back in Dubai.

Dubai Real Estate said...

Best of luck for your journey and I will be among the ones waiting for your new interesting posts about Dubai.

Dubai Photo Story said...

What's life in Dubai without Life in Dubai?

Welcome back!!!!