Thursday, February 14, 2008

I don't understand.

I really can't understand how the minds of fanatics work.

Or maybe they don't work, they just blindly stay on some bizarre pathway that my mind doesn't even begin to understand.

There's yet another example in today's Gulf News, from The Magic Kingdom:

"...the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice (CPVPV), or the Religious Police, has banned the sale of red roses, often sold on Valentine's Day, which falls today..."

What?!

It get's worse.

"The Saudi Gazette reported that CPVPV squads have ordered florists and gift shop owners in Riyadh to remove any items coloured scarlet, which is widely seen as symbolising love."

Flowers banned? Scarlet colour banned?

Not for the first time, I'm speechless.

No, I'm not making it up, you can read it here.

No comments: