Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Why, du? Why?

In my post of yesterday, which included some photographs I took in Dubai back in the early eighties, I finished with this:

(You'll find many more shots of Dubai back in the seventies and eighties if you hit my 'Old Dubai' label).

Then readers told me this:

Post a Comment On: Life in Dubai

Shalini said...

Great photos and so interesting to see the changes.
By the way, your "old Dubai" label comes up as a blocked page by Du.

March 22, 2011 6:16 PM


Dubai Photo Story said...

The old Dubai label is indeed blocked by du!!!!!

March 22, 2011 9:08 PM


They don't want you to see photos of Dubai in the old days? Why not?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was searching some material in google. Search phrase included "Leadership" and many of the sites are seen blocked.

The search was to learn about the Corporate Leadership. Perhaps anything with string "Old" or "Old Dubai" is also blocked. Seems to be like a recent development.

Shalini said...

They like to confuse us, I think!

I just did a search for "old Dubai" and came up with a couple of official sites, wikipedia and your old post titled "to old Dubai".

Dave said...

hahahaha I am picking myself up off the seat laughing - I cannot believe it.... WTF....

ghoonk said...

http://dubaithoughts.blogspot.com/search/label/old%20dubai works just fine for me.

Let me know if you're getting blocked for odd reasons, and I'll see what I can do for you :)

Anonymous said...

Gday Seabee, The old photos brought back many memories, we lived in Dubai from 1974 until 1998, have been back many times since for visits, never ceases to amaze. Enjoy your blog, regards

Ana Lucia said...

The old Dubai is not blocked for me too! Is that because I live in Brazil?