Monday, June 30, 2008

Thankfully it's safety glass...

Yesterday when I mentioned the damage reportedly done by roadbuilding machinery in The Springs I said I'd post a photo of what nearby construction has done for us.

We have a building going up maybe 100 metres away, perhaps a little more. They had some sort of drilling machine going for the foundation work, which vibrated at the exact pitch that has your teeth rattling.

We have very heavy double-glazed windows and doors with laminated safety glass.

Here's what the construction site drill did to it...

5 comments:

Susan said...

For cryin' out loud...have you started the painful task of getting the construction company to cough up the replacement?

Seabee said...

The aggravation wouldn't be worth it, I'll take the easy way out and replace it myself!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what other structural damage it might have caused! I'm sure the building is not on verge of collapsing but small breaks can grow easily. Good luck with getting the repairs done.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, am I glad that I don't live in Dubai Marina!

Alexander said...

Wow. That's crap. Hmmm... wonder how many other people are quietly suffering the damage because getting any form of compensation 'isn't worth the hassle'....