Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Humidity worse than Dubai...

Been in Singapore this week...I've never been comfortable in the humidity here but it seems worse than ever this time. Even after the first week of July in Dubai it feels worse here, so I'm looking forward to coming back to the more comfortable City of Dust. Well, as far as humidity goes that is.

The novelty of quite a bit of rain here too, and of course greenery everywhere. And non-aggressive drivers who even stop for pedestrians when they're supposed to. And who park in designated parking spaces - just imagine, traffic-free footpaths! We've been here six days and haven't seen one traffic accident...that's another novelty for someone who lives in Dubai.

Back on Saturday morning, bleary-eyed I'm sure. All international flights into Dubai seem to arrive between 2 and 3 in the morning - the downside of being ideally located halfway between everywhere I guess.

4 comments:

nzm said...

Hong Kong is the same, and believe it or not, I've even felt the humidity in London and Berlin more than I do in Dubai.

It's weird!

Hey - we might bang into each other in the airport on Sat morning - also arriving at that time from Germany!

Seabee said...

You gonna be like me...red eyed and very grumpy? Let's ignore each other! Have a safe journey.

Tainted Female said...

'And non-aggressive drivers who even stop for pedestrians when they're supposed to.'

LOL! I just about spat my coffee out, because of that 'even' there!

Seabee said...

Tainted, the pedestrian signal goes green and hundreds of people simply walk across the road without looking for traffic.

I hope no Dubai drivers come here and hire a car, it'll be a mass execution of pedestrians!