Saturday, September 06, 2008

A relaxing change...

I've managed to upload the hundreds of Singapore photos, I've started to go through them and I'll post a few in the coming days.

To start, here are a few from my nightmare.

I was really looking forward to getting away from the relentless construction in Dubai, the endless red & white barriers and flapping red plastic.

The taxi from Changi Airport pulled up at our hotel...


Red & white barriers!


Red plastic!


Iconic developments, complete with artist's render of the finished thing!


The length of Orchard Road is being developed, the footpaths, the landscaping, buildings being replaced or renovated.

There's less dust than here but jackhammers clatter non-stop, which we don't have to put up with here.

So much for getting away from the construction.

Something else similar to Dubai - you come across some interesting signs about the place.

A Chinese shop selling very Chinese clothing...




And this one had me doing a double take...



Ye Olde Englysche Bar.

Englysche?

1 comment:

dubaibilly said...

Oh dear, that's another prospective holiday destination gone for a burton then. Shame really the Englysche bar sounds great - I'll have a pynte of Bittre please landlord.